Hydroponic Vegetable Grower – 9 years growing crops in controlled greenhouse production system in Woodend, Victoria.
Hydroponic Farmers Federation Inc – Foundation Secretary from 1995 (currently ex-officio)
Australian Hydroponic & Greenhouse Association Inc – Committee member in 1995 and national president 1999 – 2010
Protected Cropping Australia – Chairman 2010 – 2012
Graeme Smith Consulting
- Company formed in 1998 to offer system and crop consultancy services to new and existing growers across Australia.
- Company has developed full training package in commercial hydroponic crop production.
- Facilitated a 5-year plan for the development and delivery of a skills training package for all industry growers across Australia.
- Developed and delivered national workshops to assist greenhouse growers to convert to full nutrient recycling (closed) systems
- Company facilitates greenhouse study tours of Europe & North America, encouraging growers to assess firsthand new and emerging technologies and how to integrate into their existing systems.
- Performs detailed feasibility studies including climate and financial studies for new and existing enterprises (inc ROI & EBIT)
Graeme is a Certified Practicing Agriculturist and is an Accredited Member of the Australian Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology (AIAST).