Ph. D. Tycho Vermeulen
- 1993-1999 Masters degree Biology, Wageningen University (WUR). Major: crop protection, minor: plant nutrition, plant physiology.
- Thesis study chicory soft rot: Department of phytopathology at WUR. 6 month study.
- Thesis study Potato late blight: Cornell University, Ithaca, New York. 6 month study.
- 2007-present Researcher at Wageningen UR Greenhouse Horticulture (www.glastuinbouw.wur.nl)
Subjects: 1) Systems Engineering in developing novel production systems in both fruit, vegetable and flower production (chrysanthemum, delphinium, lyianthus), 2) Urban Horticulture, 3) Energy exchange between glasshouses and buildings and houses, 4) water-emission in glasshouse horticulture and 4) corporate sustainability and innovation.
International projects: Developing horticultural cluster in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Developing guidelines for understanding emissions from covered cropping systems in cooperation with EFSA, European Union.
- 2006-2007 Consultant at Vanderzande Florpartners (www.vanderzandeflorpartners.nl)
Subjects: cluster formation in horticulture, formulating strategies in the area of marketing, sustainability, logistics and cooperation.
- 2001-2006 Consultant and project manager at CLM research and advice Ltc. (www.clm.nl)
- 2000-2001 Policy worker at a certification bureau in fruit and vegetable production in Holland, Certerra.
- 1999-2000 Researcher at the department of Phytopathology of WageningenUniversity.
Multi Drug Resistance in Botrytis cinerea
Courses and conferences
- 2011 Stakeholder Management. 5-day course on engaging stakeholders
- 2009 Project Leadership. 10-day course on procesmanagement.
- 2008 day on Multi stakeholder processes, Wageningen International
- Multiple publications in Dutch growers magazines.
- Vermeulen, T. and C. Blok. 2010. Case study using Systems Engineering methodology for developing new cropping systems for Chrysanthemums. Submitted Acta Horticultura – presentation at ISHS-symposium August 2010 Lisbon.
- Vermeulen, T, W. Verkerke, P.C.M. Vermeulen, P. van Weel and E. Poot. Personal capacities needed for transitonal co-operation in energy webs between glasshouses and non-horticultural counterparts in The Netherlands – three case studies. Submitted Acta Horticultura – presentation at ISHS-symposium August 2010 Lisbon.
- Loeber A. and Vermeulen T. 2010. The art of ‘doing’ sustainable agricultural innovation: approaches and attitudes to facilitating transitional projects. Conference paper
- Vermeulen, T. 2009. Recognising and putting into action ones Passion. ISBN: 978-90-9024184-5 (Dutch publication)