Prof. Dr. Agr. Fritz-Gerald Schöder
Proposed role in the project: Category:
1. Family name: Schroeder
2. First names: Fritz-Gerald
3. Date of birth: 12. June 1961
4. Nationality: Germany
5. Civil status: married, 3 kids
6. Education: Horticultural Diploma Degree; Dr. agriculturarum
Institution / Degree or Diploma obtained:
- Humboldt Univ. Berlin 1982 – 1987 / Horticultural Diploma Degree
- Humboldt Univ. Berlin 1989 – 1992 / Dr. Agriculturarum
- University of Geisenheim 1993 / Scientific Award
- Karoly Robert University Gyöngyös Hungary / Professor honoris causa (Prof.h.c.)
7. Language skills: English, Russian, Dutch
8. Membership of professional bodies: German Horticultural Society (DGG); ISHS;
9. Other skills: Computer, Office package, Greenhouse management,
10. Present position: Professor for Horticultural Science at the Univ. Dresden.
11. Years within the firm: 12 years at the University, 1 year at the Univ. of California, Davis
12. Key qualifications: Vegetable crop production in open field and greenhouse, plant protection, integrated pest management, biological control, plant nutrient, climate and irrigation control, soil science, water management
13.Specific experience in the region:
Country / Date from – Date to / Name and brief description of the project
Netherlands / 1988 (12 month) / Greenhouse Management, vegetable crops, hydroponics
Italy / 1993 (1 month) / Greenhouse Management, vegetable crops, hydroponics
Belarus / 1996 (1 month) / Vegetable crops, open field production, plant propagation
California / 2000 – 2001 / Sabbatical at the UC Davis, US
Mexico / 2004 (1 month) / Greenhouse Management, Vegetable crops, hydroponics
14. Professional experience
- 1977 – 1980 Aschersleben, Germany (VEG Saatzucht) apprentice High school and apprenticeship, occupation as Agro-Technician, agricultural crops, plant breending
- 1982 – 1987 Berlin Humboldt University of Berlin (Student) Study of horticultural Science.
- 1988 Berlin / Berkel Hortaco (Trainee) Greenhouse management, vegetable crops.
- 1989 – 1994 Berlin / Großbeeren Institute for vegetable crops. (Scientific co-worker) Applied research, hydroponic Systems, plant nutrient, gas exchange, root zone.
- 1994 – now Dresden University (Professor) Teaching and applied research, administration and extension works, Horticultural Science, vegetable crops, plant protection, plant breeding.
15.Other relevant information (ca. 70. Publications)
- 2006: Global Trends and hydroponic Industries. Proc. 5th International hydroponic Conference, Toluca, Mexico.
- 2006: Hydroponic production of poinsettia: Proc. 5th International hydroponic Conference, Toluca, Mexico.
- 2004: Aeroponic and Hydroponics – Systems and Technique. Proc. 4th Intern. Hydroponic Conf. Toluca, Mexico.
- 2003: Aktuelles Agrarecht für die Praxis. Weka Media GmbH & Co. KG: ISBN 3-811-4061-0
- 2003: Oxygen in root environment of substrates in Hydroponic systems. Deptm. Environmental Horticulture, UC Davis (CA).
- 2002: Hydroponic Production of Vegetables and Ornamentals. Embryo Publications, Athens Greece. ISBN: 960-8002-12-5
- 2001: Gas composition and oxygen supply in the root environment of substrates in closed hyd. sys. Acta Hort. 644. p. 299.
- 1996: Root efficiency for uptake of water and nutrients in closed recirculation systems. Proc. 9th (ISOSC), Wageningen.
- 1996: Balance sheets for water, potassium and nitrogen for tomatoes. Gartenbauwissenschaft (61) 5. p. 249-255.
- Coordinator of student exchange program ERASMUS, UC Davis US, University K. Robert Gyöngyös, Hungary